Should We Hire Magento 2 Migration Service?
More and more Magento store owners are looking for Magento 2 Migration service to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2 successfully. However, some merchants decided to implement the transition themselves or by their team without the help of Magento development agencies. So, in which case that the store should look for a reliable Magento 2 Migration service instead of doing it themselves, and vice versa? We will discuss the issue in this blog post.
As you might know, Magento migration from 1 to 2 is much more complicated than upgrading from Magento 1 old version to a newer version. Therefore, it must be implemented by whom has a strong knowledge and experience to make sure that the site is migrated successfully and in the optimal time.
1. You have a technical background and possess at least 3 years of experience in Magento development in general, and Magento migration in particular.
2. You possess dedicated Magento in-house developers who have already migrated many websites from Magento 1 to Magento 2 before. It’s worth noting that your developers must be good at both Magento 1 and Magento 2. Since these two platforms are very different, many Magento 1 experts don’t know how to build a new website on Magento 2.
If you belong to one of the above cases, there is no need for Magento 2 migration service. You or your team can implement the migration to meet all of your requirements and save your budget.
1. You are a store owner with a strong management experience - without any technical knowledge (most of the cases).
2. You don’t have any in-house developers and had to turn to Magento development companies to develop the current website, solve technical issues, or upgrade the site all the time.
In both of the above situations, you will have no choice but looking for a Magento migration service to upgrade the existing site.
Apart from this, choosing which Magento 2 migration service provider to convert your site is not less important since it will decide the success of the upgrade process. A good Magento development company will help you to migrate Magento 1 to Magento 2 smoothly, safely - without data loss, efficiently - within your budget and effectively - in the optimal period of time. On the contrary, the unprofessional Magento agencies are not able to give you the best solutions for your requests or deliberate to offer complicated solutions (that take time) to get more money from you. In addition, they can make serious data loss (including products, sale orders, customers and so on) for your site during the Magento migration process.
1. Examining the experience of the Magento agency. Magento developers who have more than 3-year experience in Magento development and Magento 2 migration are more preferable.
2. Checking the quality of Magento migration projects that have been done by the agency recently.
3. Asking the Magento 2 migration service provider to provide their feedback and reference.
4. Considering the maintenance and support provided after the new site goes live.
5. Evaluating the quotation of the agency based on the quality delivered and your budget.
Besides, if you are owning a small to medium Magento e-commerce store with a limited budget, it’s recommended to outsource your project to Magento development companies in Asia, where the labor cost is very cheap.
For example, Tigren is a prestigious Magento agency in Vietnam; despite having more than 5-year of experience in Magento, they offer a very competitive price for Magento 2 migration service (just $25/working hour). Also, they offer 3-month free of support after finishing the projects to make sure that their clients’ websites run smoothly. You can contact them to get a free quotation and consultation for your project.
As mentioned before, Magento 1 to Magento 2 migration is different from normal Magento upgrade processes. The store owners cannot do it by just following the tutorials on the Internet. Instead, they must select a proper Magento 2 migration service provider to make a successful transformation for their site in case that they don’t have the technical knowledge or in-house developers.